Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Game Donation suggestion

ph34r

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:30
hey, i just got an idea
what if we donate a game and get some money? just for an incentive for more game in shop
price should be fair though and money is optional (if giver dont want money), since it's actually called donate not trade :p

maybe for a 20$ (steam price) we can get 40GH$ or more
as long both party agree

i think this is a good idea myself
this way shop will get more games and people might want to donate and get few buck in the process

note: just dont give a FREE games from indiegala or other site and actually want money, that's just low...

Last edited:

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 22:30
This would be pretty much an exchange. Yeah, I'm all for that. @sage if you want to make a post about it. Ill even make a medal for someone who donates games. Like game donate (1 donated game) don't donateholic for like 5 or 10 games donated. Prices will be negotiable seeing as you can in fact donate free games, etc. If it's a $20 but they just gave out 272528 copies for free you're not getting 40 gh $ but like 5.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:30
Oh, i would donate all these free steam codes i have lying around my .txt file.
I dont use them, dont need them. Just grab them for heck, free games.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Technically it would be profitable for the community aswell, it would add more quality games for others in the shop while still allowing us to technically go plus (as GH$ is a virtual currency)

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:30
@sage if you want to make a post about it. Ill even make a medal for someone who donates games. Like game donate (1 donated game) don't donateholic for like 5 or 10 games donated. Prices will be negotiable seeing as you can in fact donate free games, etc. If it's a $20 but they just gave out 272528 copies for free you're not getting 40 gh $ but like 5.
Technically it would be profitable for the community aswell, it would add more quality games for others in the shop
Or it would be filled with 5000 codes to whatever currently free game is on and few quality games. ;)

While I can see where it would be nice to give extra codes of those up and earn GH$ in return, I don't think it'd be a good idea to give more than GH$1 at most for them (dare I even say not give GH$ for them) and/or put a limit to how many FREE games each user can donate per month. Just have a look at gameminer guys. Every time there's a free game it gets flooded with giveaways for it, you even see the same user giving 6+ of it. You don't want the shop to end up flooded with free codes very few will want, imho.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Or it would be filled with 5000 codes to whatever currently free game is on and few quality games. ;)imho.
Yup, ofcourse there will be tweaking to the system and trading. Free games are simply not worth the amount of money that paid copies are.
It will be probably be alright. Striking stupid deals is nothing Xyphien would do (Or Would he?)

ph34r

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:30
for free games
we can check it from steamgift
if you cant make a giveaway, usually it was free before, although some games are also gone even though it's never free

skelton912

God of Gaming
Local time
Or it would be filled with 5000 codes to whatever currently free game is on and few quality games. ;)

While I can see where it would be nice to give extra codes of those up and earn GH$ in return, I don't think it'd be a good idea to give more than GH$1 at most for them (dare I even say not give GH$ for them) and/or put a limit to how many FREE games each user can donate per month. Just have a look at gameminer guys. Every time there's a free game it gets flooded with giveaways for it, you even see the same user giving 6+ of it. You don't want the shop to end up flooded with free codes very few will want, imho.
I have to agree with Castiel and TheRealAttacka on this one. There certainly would need to be some serious focus on keeping it away from stupid trade. Perhaps if it was done manually, say an admin has to approve each game and thus they could keep track of the amount incoming it could work really nice. It all comes down to added stress and work for admins and if they want to put time and effort into that. I think it would be neat to try.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
I have to agree with Castiel and TheRealAttacka on this one. There certainly would need to be some serious focus on keeping it away from stupid trade. Perhaps if it was done manually, say an admin has to approve each game and thus they could keep track of the amount incoming it could work really nice. It all comes down to added stress and work for admins and if they want to put time and effort into that. I think it would be neat to try.
Almost everything we do is manually currently lol. Every purchase from the shop, etc. So it will be manual. As for the trading, we would look into it, if the game is free we probably won't give them more than GH$1 as it's free. If it isn't let's say they want to give us witcher 3, we'd probably give them quite a bit for it. It all depends on the game, the demand of the game, etc. It'd be a trade/exchange. This isn't something we have to add, it's something members would have to PM myself about. If you have a game you want to donate/trade you need to pm me for a price on it.

It's the same as any pawnshop or something along those lines. If the game isn't popular it's going to sit there, if it sits there members don't really want it, if they don't want it it's another filler game, if it's another filler game it's worth close to nothing, therefore it's going to be cheaper. If it's popular, and we know it's going to sell you will get a good chunk of GH$ for it, however it will never be anything remotely close to standard price for it. Though you will get a trophy for donating/trading a game with us and some sort of payment.

skelton912

God of Gaming
Local time
Awesome, im all about it! Im glad to share anything I get my hands on and don't want with the community but getting a little something extra for it certainly doesn't hurt at all lol

skelton912

God of Gaming
Local time
Because no one is buying mine them because there's stuff in the shop they also want. ;)
Castiel has a point. The market is a little lofty to reach games unless your posting constantly or super active so it makes the smaller stores and such less appealing. I myself have been interested in several of the shops but until I get the game im looking at now I wont be using any other services. Nothing personal to the others just not overly easy to make money.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: